Sunday 6 March 2011

Arriving in LA for The Oscars

OK, so the plan was to blog every day in LA and keep you informed on the showbiz shenanigans across the pond in Tinsletown.
Er, well...
Jet lagged kidnapped me for the first few days, then the party scene kicked off, work got a bit crazy and in short,  I had no time to write.

So, as the saying goes...'better late than never'. Here's a recap of how the week in La La land panned out.

Day One
Jet lag woke me up at ...(as the week went on this proved to be a daily re-occurrence...much to my annoyance).
Went to my first ever red carpet event in Hollywood...The Global Green awards at Avalon nightclub (a favourite of Paris Hilton).
I was expecting big things. After all this is Hollywood and surely their red-carpet has to be the best in the land.
I was promised to interview the likes of Orlando Bloom, Jim Carey, Hayden Panettiere.
None of the aforementioned turned up. It was like a who's who's of the American Z list...and being a Brit I had no freaking idea who anyone was.
I did meet a curious, peace loving tree-hugger who I had a lengthy conversation with based around the vacuous showbiz world....bizarrely, that was the highlight of my night.
Also taxi was $52 on way from hotel to event and $12 on the way back....hmm think the first cabbie smelt a tourist.

No comments:

Post a Comment