Sunday 6 March 2011

The Oscars aftermath... Day Eight

Bizarrely on my last day in LA I had breakfast with a life coach.
I was sat in my hotel restaurant alone and so was she, so we sat together. People outside of London are nice to each other, so this didn't actually feel that weird.

It was an eye opening / ear bending but pretty cool experience.
I think if I stayed in Los Angeles much longer I'd get royally sucked in to all the parallel living nonsense.

Wendy (the life coach) left me with this little nugget of wisdom, "It's all about seeing the vision of your future Jessica and accepting it's presence".  Er, OK.

If I stayed another week I'd be coming back to Blighty with a face pumped with Botox, new boobs, a personal psychic, a mild eating disorder, super white veneers, a wheat intolerance and a pathetically small dog.

Luckily, for my boyfriend, six hours later I was boarding a flight home.

I had a fair well lunch with my LA friends at the Chateau Marmont, then headed to the airport full of calamari and Prosecco …great combination.
In the Chateau was Eva Longoria, Meg Matthews and Jade Jagger.
So annoying to have celebs at your finger tips and not be able to do anything about it.

Oh well.
Next year I think I’d just stay at home in London with a bottle of wine, a takeaway and watch it on my telly.
I don’t mean to sound ungrateful, as it was an amazing experience, but the jet lag and frustration of not being able to do my job probably seriously took it’s toll.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment