Monday 14 November 2011

Alan Carr loves bird watching....the geeky binocular kind

Every now and then we ask a celebrity to come into the Daily Star office to guest edit the GOSS column.
We sit back, hand the column over to them and let them chat about their lives and other celebrity stories of the day.
We did exactly this with Alan Carr. Who is one of the naturally funniest people I have ever met.
He had me and my Goss sidekick Sonja crying with laughter.
The hour we spent with him was an endless stream of banter, sarcastic remarks and filthy/ comedy stories. This man really has no boundaries.
And though he was slagging off other celebrities all over the shop, he really doesn't have a nasty bone in his body. It's all just part of the act.

me, Alan and Sonja writing the column
The last time I came away from an interview in pain, because I'd laughed so much my cheeks/ stomach muscles were sore, was about five years ago when I interviewed The Bear from Bo Selecta.
Still makes me laugh thinking about how ridiculous that moment of my career was.


Anyway, during our Goss edit we found out Alan Carr loves bird watching.
He explained: “I really like bird watching. I haven’t done it for ages, but I love it. I love the quietness of it.
"For my 16th birthday I got a pair of binoculars. It’s a bit creepy but I loved them.
“The thing is though – all the nature reserves in Northampton where I’m from, they’re all dogging sites so I can’t go down there with my binoculars any more. "



Alan also told us he'd love to star on Celebrity Come Dine With Me but thinks the guests are naff.
He said they'd have to up the ante and get some A listers on before he'd even consider it.
He revealed: “I would love to do Celebrity Come Dine With me, but the celebs would seriously have to go up a notch.
“I love the idea but I’m not being funny, I don’t want to do it with Howard from the Halifax and Fatima Whitbread.
“If it was Mariah Carey and Lady GaGa and we were all going round each other’s houses I would be in. But I’m not doing it with MC Hammer and Alison Hammond.
I can’t cook. But you don’t go for the cooking, you go to snoop around the house don’t you and get really drunk?”

Ahh poor old MC H and Alison.


Alan puts his feet up after all his hard work

1 comment:

  1. This guy's hilarious! But birdwatching - now, that's serious. Since we put in our squirrel proof bird feeders we're getting lots of sightings closer to home - no need to head out to the nature reserves if he doesn't want to.

    ReplyDelete