Tuesday 15 November 2011

Russell Brand's dad thinks he's the new Jesus, no joke.

I've heard it all now.
I know most parents like to talk up their kids, each thinking their son or daughter is extra special.
Everyone has a busy-body, Hyacinth Bucket (Bouquet) type, who lives down the road.
You know, the type who blabs on: "My son's a doctor, don't you know. He got a 1st in his Masters and now saves the world, single handedly. I'm so proud, I could cry."
However Russell Brand's dad could win an award for child trumpet-blowing.

Russell's dad Ron Brand thinks his superstar son is the new Jesus. I kid you not.
He reckons his son and Jesus are “both true individuals, misunderstood by the world”.

how Ron sees his son Russell
Talking about his epiphany Ron said: “Russell is truly individual. He does not comply to rules of society. I am proud of him.
“Kids have always had to comply. There are few that can sustain it and say: ‘No. I am going to be who I am.’
“It’s difficult to be different and it goes back 2,000 years. It goes back to the times of Jesus, he was an individual. It takes immense strength to be able to sustain your belief.  I never ask Russell to build a safety net. You have one life. I always tell him to go for it. I tell him: ‘You either go to the top of the mountain or you die at the side.’"
Good point Ron.

Anyway, must pop off I'm having dinner with my parents, Mother Teresa and Gandhi.

No comments:

Post a Comment