Thursday 17 November 2011

Twilight fever hits London... and me.


Ooh hello hangover.
It's been a while since I've had one as miserable as you.
You know you're in trouble when an Alka Seltza does jack all. Literally nothing.
Anyway, I couldn't think of anything more perfect than going to see a film at the cinema on a horrific hangover.
Not just any film, I may add.
The new Twilight film Breaking Dawn Part 1 at the huge London premiere.

Twilight premiere ticket
Despite not being a teenager, and not having a delusional fantasy that there are perfect men on planet earth, I still absolutely love Twilight.
I love every god damn minute, of every film.
I've read all the books, seen all the previous films a few times over and I am 100% Team Edward.
I know, I know. I'm even slightly embarrassed as I write this.
But for some reason, unbeknown to me, I buy into the Twilight obsession wholeheartedly and with passion.
I am completely absorbed with Robert Pattinson's character Edward Cullen.
I love what he stands for, his out-of-control gentlemanly ways and deep-routed belief in soul mates.
I am not fickle like my mates who flick between Team Edward and Team Jacob (his werewolf love rival) depending on how long Jacob keeps his top off and flexes his outrageously, impressive pecks.
Anyway, all that side, the premiere was amazing. A perfect snowy, winter wonderland.
The red carpet was changed to white carpet, covered with snow and mistletoe.
It was freezing.
Robert, Kristen and Taylor
The main stars Robert Patttinson, Kirsten Stewart and Taylor Lautner were all there.
Kristen looked amazing in a gothic long, black dress.
And R Patz really does look like Edward in the flesh. Brooding and moody. With his poignant stare and strong, angular face.
I'm not going to give too much away for anyone who hasn't seen the film yet, but the birth scenes are incredible.
The CGI during the pregnancy is disturbing and the wedding\ honeymoon scenes are enough to make any girl want to get married. Immediately, if not sooner.
Already, I can't wait for the final film.
It will be the end of my love affair with Edward Cullen, who unfairly gives women false hopes that one day they'll find their very own Edward.
Ladies, a man this sensitive, chivalrous and full of emotion does not exist.
I feel sorry for the young teenager girls watching who honestly think men like this are available. They're not.
And I feel sorry for men who get a bad rap now because they're emotional void and a million miles away from Edward's perfectness. Sigh.
Anyway, here's some pics from the premiere. One of my favourite nights in 2011.

Sonja and me getting excited before the show
Here's the story we wrote in the Daily Star the following day about R Patz.
He says he has to live like James Bond in true 007 spy style.
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/goss/view/221913/Twilight-fame-forces-star-to-live-like-oo7/


The white carpet and Christmas lights at Westfield in Stratford

No comments:

Post a Comment