Sunday 13 November 2011

An' all that jazz

I finally got around to seeing Chicago The Musical.
I've wanted to go and check it out for ages, but my fella wouldn't come with me and most of my girl mates have seen it at least twice.
However, my friend Sam hadn't, so we had a girlie night out at the theatre. We got really drunk until the wee hours at the after party.
It would've been rude not too, I had the next day off work. Result.

The lead Roxy Hart was played by Ugly Betty. I didn't know this until I arrived, probably should've done my research first. So yeah, America Ferrera, which was a surprise.
She definitely brought a comedy touch to the show, she's a great actress.
And although she's not as sleek and skinny as all her fish-net clad, naked co-stars she still looked glam and striking in her skimpy, lace outfits and killer red lipstick.
Go Ugly Betty!!
America starred opposite Darius Danesh. I really couldn't get my head around that. Darius. Darius Danesh.
You know, that slimy mug from Pop Idol. The one who did the unforgettable, hideous audition singing Britney Spears' "Hit Me Baby One More Time". Ugggh, it makes me cringe just thinking about it.

To remember the horror check this out....
Darius being a Britney Spears shaped cheese ball

So yeah, that's all I'm going to say about Darius. I really couldn't take him seriously.

I loved the show and have been singing all the songs, sporadically, ever since. "And all that jazz..."

America and moi
After the show we  headed off to the after party, I had a quick chat with America.
She said she loves living in London but is finding Chicago tough. She told me: "It's a hard slog, but really good fun. I wanted to bring some comedy elements into the show. It's so sexy, all the girls are gorgeous. Everyone still thinks of me as Ugly Betty, but that's OK. I have a huge place in my heart for Betty, she's one of a kind."
Her clothes definitely were.

The highlight of the after party was Dorian from Birds Of A Feather (Lesley Joseph) making an almighty tit of herself.
She walked straight into a huge, fancy silver tray of wine glasses and smashed the entire thing on the floor. There was glass and red wine everywhere. People were trying desperately to not laugh as Dorian almost fell ass over tit with it.
Sorry, that's probably not very nice, but it was a hilarious sight to behold.

Dorian obviously found it quite funny as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment