Sunday 8 May 2011

Essex madness

The showbiz world has gone The Only Way Is Essex bonkers.
I can't deny I found the show amusing to watch during the first series.
It fascinated me, I couldn't believe anyone could be as much of a dickhead as Mark Wright, as empty-headed as Amy Childs, as pointless as Harry and as emotionally-pathetic as Arg.
Despite that, I really liked all four characters.
They are who they are and they're happy and proud of it. Fair play to them.
I found the show fun to watch, I really liked Sam and felt sorry for Lauren as she mugged herself off over man slag Mark time after time.

Billie (Sam's sister), me and Sam at the opening of their fashion boutique Minnies in Essex
However, then came the second series...
I honestly don't get Joey Essex... the fact he's so delusional annoys me.
My work colleagues think he's sexy, cool, and even funny.
I'm baffled.
He's a scrawny little fella, with horrendous dress sense and so dense his parents should be embarrassed.
His stupidity frustrates me.
He didn't know anything about the Royal Wedding, the day before he said to my reporter Ed: "What wedding? Is Prince Harry marrying a fit blonde bird or something?"
That would've been mildly amusing, if he hadn't meant it seriously.

His relationship with Sam is also ridiculous.
I'm surprised producers thought the public would ever believe they were actually dating.

And his cousin Chloe's had so much surgery and botox, I can't look at her face without wanting to turn over.
Why would anyone think that amount of botox and lip filler looks good?
She looks like a Janice Dickinson transvestite act.
I hope the third series goes back to the original format.
In fact, that's a lie...I couldn't really care less, I'm all TOWIE'd out.

Now where's The Telegraph's culture section?

No comments:

Post a Comment