Monday 9 May 2011

Fancy a night in a coffin?

A nice perk of my job is that no two days are the same.
Often I have weird and wonderful things delivered to my desk or sent in the post.
Today I was greeted with an email entitled "Are you brave enough to sleep in a coffin?"

Simple answer 'no'. Second answer 'why?'

Basically I was challenged to sleep overnight in a sealed wooden coffin, on the stage of one of London's oldest and most haunted theatres, in connection with the West End show Ghost Stories (which I haven't seen as I'm too much of a baby).
The plan was "those brave enough to make it through the night without leaving their coffin will be in with a chance of winning two flights to New York."

The email read...
 
"Each competitor will receive two tickets for the evening's performance of Ghost Stories, then at 11pm when the theatre closes its doors to the public, all four contestants will enter their individual wooden coffin. The lid to each coffin will then be sealed shut with only air holes for ventilation and then the fun begins!
Contestants will be left alone with only the dark to keep them company. Who knows what might happen? At 7am the next day, theatre management will enter the building to release those still in their coffins."

A good end to this story would be that I took part, got utterly freaked out by a ghost, cried, made peace with the deathly demon and then jetted off to New York...

However, I just pressed deleted, got back to my mug of Earl grey and day dreamed about what Danny Dyer was up to.

Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment