Sunday 8 May 2011

Royal Wedding madness

So there's been two bank holiday weekends back to back, which was chuffing amazing thanks to Prince William and Kate Middleton getting married.
Naturally, like most people I boozed and partied solidly for four days, then went back to work for four days to recuperate and rest the liver, before doing exactly the same again.
This circle seems to follow me around...but usually the other way.
Normally I go to work events in the week - so drink and get no sleep Monday to Friday.
And then the weekend comes and I sit on my laurels downing cups of tea and eating eggs on toast.
Then Monday comes back around and I start the process again, boozing, interviewing celebs, getting to bed late, skipping dinner (apart from the obligatory canapes).
If I haven't had this conversation with my mum at least once a week then, well, something's wrong.
Mum: "Are you alright love, you sound like you're not listening..."
Me: Some form of grunt
Mum: "You're hungover again? It's only Tuesday. Do you have to drink every night? When are you going to grow up? What time did you get in last night?"
Me: "I was at an event until midnight."
Mum: "You don't have to drink, can't you just have a cranberry juice?"
Me: "Yeah but the champagne was free and if you have to spend a night with Anthony Costa, Liz McClarnon and the likes of Nikki Grahame, you'd have to drink too."

Blah blah blah.

Not drinking at a showbiz event is like sitting in the shade after putting on Factor 30... it doesn't make sense.

Me and ex-Goss girl Emily Payne getting into the royal spirit in the Daily Star office, obviously our regal mugs were filled with Rose - well it was sent in free from Asda PRs. It seemed rude not too.

Me and my mates having a few drinks in a pub in Devon on the eve of the Royal wedding 

We made a fire on the beach in Devon and carried on drinking litres of Scrumpy cider and red wine until the wee hours.
I'm sure Wills and Kate would have approved.

No comments:

Post a Comment