Friday 29 July 2011

Doggie Lovin'

I honestly think there's a chance I'll end up one of those batty, old ladies surrounded by dogs and cats.
Hopefully not smelling of piss and searching for stuff in other people's bins.
But surrounded by an unnecessary, probably slightly unhygienic, number of animals.

Molly looking gorgeous

My boyfriend Jimmy didn't really believe me when I told him I'd met a lady over Facebook and was going to look after her dog - Molly. A black cocker spaniel that's so cool, she makes Kate Moss look insignificant.

Anyway to cut a long story short, I met a lovely lady called Anne and fell in love with her dog.
We spent a few weeks chatting over FB, we met for lunch (with the dog of course) to a bar in Clapham and then a few weeks later I spent a whole Saturday with her beloved pooch.

Yep us dog lovers really are that weird.

I was telling this story to my best mate Sam and she just looked at me totally confused.
She didn't actually say anything or make any sarcastic comments, she just went quiet and looked confused.

In retrospect, I agree it is actually quite strange to meet someone over the internet and then travel from north to south London (18 stops on the Northern line) to babysit their dog.
But that's just the way of the fur lovers.
I didn't think it was very weird, but people like Sam and my mum can't really comprehend it.

Anyway we took Molly for a three hour walk across Clapham Common and then for a bit of a knees up in a boozer in Clapham Old Town. OK, that was a bit of a lie, dinner and a few pints.


Me and Molly

 
Jimmy and Molly


No comments:

Post a Comment