Wednesday 26 October 2011

Did The Hoff give me a cold?

It's been a funny old week.
I took an entire week off work. I wasn't flying off anywhere exotic or hot, just had high hopes of gallivanting around London checking out various tourist hot spots and the like.
It was my birthday as well last week. So I was hoping to go for high-tea at The Ritz on my bday afternoon and then out for dinner with my brother the following night.
I also arranged to go for a pampering session with the girls at a salon on Thursday, which would've including drinking champagne and no doubt chatting animatedly about boys.
However, my hopes were ambushed by a kick ass cold/ flu virus. Gutted.
So to cut a long and very boring story short, I spent the whole week, including my birthday, under a duvet sniffling on the sofa.
I didn't get out of my PJs for days and generally just shuffled around the flat feeling sorry for myself.

However before this moment of self deprivation and hermiting I interviewed The Hoff. David Hasslehoff, Knight Rider, The owner of Kitt, Mitch Buchannon of Baywatch fame.
I've interviewed Mr Hoff a few times before and each time he's got progressively more bonkers.
This time I  think it's safe to say he is officially madder than a box of glue-sniffing frogs.
Me and fellow Goss girl Sonja met The Hoff at the Charlotte Street hotel in Soho.
We walked into the library and came face-to-face with a more animated David than we'd even imagine in our freakiest dreams.
He spoke at us, literally AT us, for ten minute, waffling, frantically at 100 mph.

We have no idea what he was going on about. We tried to reign him in and ask a sensible, newsworthy question but he over looked our concerned glances and carrying off chatting inanely about, seriously, only God knows what.

Me and Sonja came out the interview, feeling drained and instantly knowing we had nothing to use in the paper the following day. What a waste of time for everyone involved.

However, we got this corker of a photo. And a hilarious ten minutes of audio we can listen back to on our dictaphones if we're ever feeling bored or in need of entertaining in the office.

Me, Hoff and Sonja
The last time I met The Hoff wasn't much better.
He was giving his bodyguards a run for their money at a party.
They were employed mainly to stop him going anywhere near the champagne and wine trays.
Say no more.

I forgot to say the list of 'Not Allowed To Mention Topics' for our Hoff interview was hilarious.
Including....
Being sacked from Britain's Got Talent
Anything to do with alcohol or binge drinking
Getting divorced
The custody battle
That 'burger video' that circulated a while back
Simon Cowell

The first time I met The Hoff

No comments:

Post a Comment