Friday 7 October 2011

Rock Of Ages: The Musical

I love a good musical.
Nothing like sitting around eating maltezers and ice-cream with a glass of wine as C -list celebrities prance around on a stage in front of you singing and dancing.
My fella doesn't really get why girls love the theatre so much, but I'm partial to getting tipsy with my mates dancing around in my chair.
A couple of months ago I went to see Ghost and despite thinking it was going to be a God awful pile of cheese rind, it was brilliant.
Also recently enjoyed Wicked, Flash Dance, Priscilla Queen of the Desert and very surprisingly Legally Blonde.

I didn't have high hopes for Rock Of Ages, I'm not into White Snake or other heavy rock bands, loved Metallica as an rebellious teen but that's where it ends.
I remember being 14 and dancing around on my mate's kitchen table, drunk out of my face on White Lightening, in stripy tights, para boots and an army coat moshing to Enter Sandman. Ahh the memories, I loved that album.

I'm not a big fan of Shayne Ward, the X Factor contestant from a few years ago. In fact did he win? I can't remember.
I've just googled, he did win. Shit, wonder what happened there then? Anyways, he's in the show as well as Justin Lee Colins.
You know the guy with the naff hair who was never as funny or likeable as Alan Carr.
You know, the guy who got caught fondling some random girl in the NOTW behind his wives back at a pub in Bristol.
Got it? Good.
Anyway. The show is good. Half of it is set in a strip club in LA, so it's full of semi naked girls waving their bits about and rock-star wannabe men trying to get their rocks off.
So all in all it's a bit of harmless sexual fun.
Also lots of power ballads Bon Jovi stylee and some laugh out loud moments.
Defo worth a visit if you have a spare £50 lying around.

We definitely enjoyed the after party... as you do.

me and my mate Sam unleashing our inner rock geeks


No comments:

Post a Comment