Tuesday 18 January 2011

Daft dogs and poor men

Today's been a strange old day.
Laying in bed until 10am feels gloriously indulgent until you have to run around your flat in sheer hysteria trying to get to work for 11am.
I'll never learn. A bit like my dumb Cocker Spaniel who failed to realise, for an entire 5 year span, that the ecstasy of rolling in poo for a mere two minutes just resulted in a horrendous half hour scrub down in the  bath, followed by a grumpy bollocking. Still, this time wasting scenario was repeated day after day.

I went to my first ever Body Attack class at the gym in my lunch break. This gym keenness will never last, it's already starting to feel incredibly tedious.

The day plodded on as normal. One of my colleagues, who has a severe superiority complex, threw her self-appointed weight around in my direction. That gave me mild excitement for 10 minutes and then I got back to work.

I met an old radio colleague from Global Radio for dinner in Soho. The usual was discussed. Why can't boyfriends (fiance in her case) be everything we want and more.

It turns out girls want the real McCoy.
The guy who listens while she moans about work, friends, family, weight etc...while offering clever, balanced opinions. These opinions should be adapted depending on girls mood. Sometimes it's better to just say what you think they want to hear. If you have no idea what this is, just nod encouraging while trying to look sexy.
Girls want their man to be romantic without being cheesy.
Spontaneous without being flaky.
Financially aware without being a bore.
Masculine without being a brainless beefcake. 
In touch emotionally without wearing fake tan.
Passionate and domineering in bed without being a repetitive randy bed banger (come on, we've all been with Mr Fucker Fucker).

The above is why women are never happy. We all want and expect too much.

I'd be content if my boyfriend could occasionally tidy up after himself,  preferably before the kitchen floor disappears under endless food he's spilt all week, mud from his trainers, dust and general crap.

Unfortunately we can't all have everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment