Monday 17 January 2011

A list shoulder rubbing

Last week I was invited to the UK red carpet premiere of Morning Glory staring Rachel McAdams and ageing hunk Harrison Ford.
I've been a fan of Rachel ever since I adopted a lady crush on her in Wedding Crashers.
And Harrison, well it's Harrison bloody Ford, what's not to love?

I met Harrison for the first time and despite being a lot thinner than I expected, and greyer, he still oozed coolness.

The full-time poser leant seductively against the film's promo board with one foot bent against the wall a'la The Fonz. He's undoubtedly aware that, despite being 68, he's still got it.
I didn't get to meet Rachel, but as she stood at the front of the theatre welcoming everyone to the film I'm sure she looked at me and winked. The lady crush is obviously mutual.

(Disclaimer: Some of the above isn't true... mainly just the winking bit.)

Anyway, I bumped in Kerry Katona and Peter Andre at the premiere; the pair walked the red carpet, chatted to press, posed for pap shots and gave me a big hug. Who knows which they preferred more.





I also chewed the fat with Essex hyper-bomb Stacey Solomon. She wants to pull the rug under Konnie Huq's feet saying "I enjoyed presenting on the X Factor. It was wicked! I am in my element when I'm doing presenting, I wouldn't say no if they offered me to do the Xtra Factor."
Yep, I doubt Konnie would be tickled pink to hear that.


The film was good, by the way. Not brilliant, not rubbish, just good.
Go and see it if a.) You work in morning telly and need some inspiration or b.) You're bored and have a fiver to burn.
In other news I went over to Channel Five today (my boss Richard Desmond owns the channel) to sit in on Live From Studio 5. The crew over there are cool and the office makes ours look like a hostel. Not that I'm complaining ( I clearly am) but they had big sofas with kitsch cushions and wall paper. Thorton's toffee lying around, a drinks fridge full of nice looking beverages and posh black wine glasses. I felt like I was on a fully inclusive holiday in sunny Osterley.

The show went well, Boyzone's Shane Lynch was on (fiiiit) and that guy from Diversity (looks older than 22). Presenter Kate Walsh came over to say hi. She's really pretty, TV doesn't do her justice. She looked Hollywood glam with bouncy hair and flawless skin. But she's tiny, I mean, properly LA skinny. She'd eat a solitary mung bean and be full.
I was surprised. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment