Saturday 29 January 2011

Since when has Geri been the hottest Spice Girl?

The week was rounded of nicely by going for a Friday morning breakfast soiree with Geri Halliwell.
The former Spice Girl was launching her debut swimwear range for Next at London's glitzy hotel The Savoy. There must be worse reasons to get dragged out of bed an hour early.

I ditched my usual bran flakes and Chris Moyles breakfast routine to lord around in a room full of eagle-eyed showbiz journalists, beauty and fashion writers and photographers.
While sexy models wiggled their tush's in bikinis, floppy sunhats and play suits I gingerly tucked into a smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel and a few melon kebabs.

I've met all the Spice Girls, numerous times over the years. One of my early celeb memories was meeting Victoria Beckham when I worked at Nickelodeon TV. That must have been 10 years ago, and she already had an air of spectacularness around her then.
My ex boyfriend, who lives in LA, reckons he's bestfriends with Mel B, an exaggeration that amused me highly when I recently mentioned it to her in her suite at The Mayfair hotel. Oh well, we all know men are prone to the odd fib.


Anyway back to Halliwell. She's much prettier and noticeably posher these days. I last chatted to her at the 2008 Galaxy British Book Awards, we were hanging out with JK Rowling, it was a strange night. She seems to have adopted a Elizabeth Hurley-esq plumy accent since then. On this cold, miserable January morning Geri looked and sounded amazing.

Definitely a step up from the industry ridicule she received for "talking relentlessly" while being a stand-in judge on this year's The X Factor. Oh well, you can't win 'em all.

No comments:

Post a Comment