Wednesday 22 June 2011

Dog stalking

Me and my boyfriend Jimmy are dog stalkers. We're both as bad as each other.
Every time either of us walk near someone with a dog we always ask if we can stroke them.
The dog that is.
OK, I'm worse than my fella, but he eggs me on, so he can get a cheeky stroke too without looking like a weirdo.
We even cross over the road and/or make a detour to pat someone else's dog.
FREAKS.

So, yep, I'm that annoying dog stalker person, who deliberately and knowingly, puts dog owners in an awkward three minute conversation.
The chat is aways the same... "Ahhh he's so well behaved, how old is he? he's so soft, has he just had a bath? I love his colour, he's beautiful etc etc."
In reality all I want to do is slam dunk the doggie in a full-on, rolling round the pavement bear hug...
You might have guessed I'm dog mad.
In fact pretty crazy about animals. As long as they have fur... I'm in.
Many years ago I decided I couldn't eat anything that I wanted to hug . So cows are 100% out. Pigs and chickens...in.

One of my oldest friends Boe, I've known him since I was 6 months old (his mum's best friends with my mum, we were born in the same hospital) has been calling me Miss Fluff for years. For obvious reasons.
I realise a burly man would probably never openly admit he loves the feel of fur. But I think I'd judge someone who said they hate fluffy things.
Seriously, surely everyone loves gettng under a fur blanket to watch films? Or likes the feel of stroking a cat/ dog?
I challenge any meat-head to sit on his sofa with a DVD, pizza, pack of beer under a fur throw and not enjoy it.

I'd like to point out I'm not into pink fur or naff girlie stuff like that. Just animals with cool hair.

Talking about cool animals here's a few I've stalked recently...
 


Woodstock the Cockerpoo...
I met him at the opening on a Doggy Restaurant in Chelsea


I met this little beaut Clinton at Brentwood train station
on the way to a The Only Way Is Essex party

Jimmy emailed me a pic of Rosie while he was doing a quote in Highgate (yep we are that sad)



I took this photo of my friend Amy's dog Killer when I was LA for The Oscars
He's a Hollywood doggie


A dog I kinda stole from our neighbours during the Cannes Film Festival
He was called Elliot (sounds very funny in a French accent).
I won't bore you with the rest.
I was thinking I might create a section on my blog called Dog Stalking and randomly post pictures of my conquests over the next months.
It'll give me something to do on rainy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment