Saturday 25 June 2011

The Killers in torrential rain... Hard Rock Calling

I love the rain. I love drinking beer and dancing in the rain.
So Friday night at Hard Rock Calling was the perfect moment to kick start the summer for me.
Watching one of my favourite bands The Killers perform in a torrential rain storm in London's Hyde Park.
Yes, everyone was absolutely soaked, and niether me or my friend Sam had an umberella, but dancing to Mr Brightside with a pint of Mojito wearing a beanie hat in the rain is my idea of heaven.

After watching the Kaiser Chiefs warm up for The Killers and then seeing Brandon Flowers do his thing we headed into Hard Rock's VIP hospitality area. 

Hard Rock were giving out straw hats to stop you getting wet...
We ordered a tray of cocktails, a platter of nachos and went to find a table.
Sitting right next to us was Prince Harry with Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice. As you can imagine with in minutes everyone was crowding round them, getting overly excited. People go loopy for the royals.
Prince Harry had been moshing side of stage during The Killers' set, jammy sod. He was now knocking back Tequilla slammers with a group of about 20 mates.

We headed into the backstage smoking area and a couple of minutes later Prince Harry came out. Obviously everyone, including me, went over to say 'hi'. Well, you've got it. It's PRINCE HARRY.
He was a lot cockier than I expected. This pleased me. Maybe he was just drunk, but he was flirting with the girls, loving the attention but refusing to have any pics saying "it's just not my style".
His wide-boy manner amused me.
He royally snubbed Sam Faiers from The Only Way Is Essex telling her he, "had no idea who she was."
While she stood in front of him giggling like a child on acid he told her "he'd never watched The Only Way Is Essex" and he never really "gets time to watch TV".
Oh well, she didn't care. The next day it was all over the Sunday papers that they were "getting it on".
Funny how things get twisted, hey?

I think the most exciting part of this was a.) finding out Prince Harry smokes, who knew?
and b.) finding out he has the fittest bodyguard.
Seriously, his bodyguard is the spitting image of Guy Ritchie.
Obviously, as I'd had a few cheeky bevvies I told him. As you do.
He smiled and said everyone tells him that.
Uhhh, talk about make a girl feel special, pah.

Me with my friends Jonathan and Sam getting wet watching The Killers

I was told by organisers of Hard Rock Calling that The Killers had an impress backstage rider.
It consisted of bottles of whiskey, vodka, gin, 96 cans of beer, cider and red wine.
Not bad.

Another thing I learnt from my mate Jonathan is a bottle of Corona mixed with a shot of Bacardi Limon is amazing.
Oooh also... apparently I am in the background of the Prince Harry photos they are using in the Sunday papers. I'm going to track that down and post it one here. One for the grandchildren me thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment