Friday 10 June 2011

No one's too posh for a freebie

The Glamour Women of the Year awards is always a awesome event.
The annual bash is famous for it's bulging goodie bag, even the rich and famous love tottering off home with a heavy draw-string bag, stuffed full of freebies
Celebs, journos and media guests are all aware you need to be sober enough to leave before 1am.
Otherwise you'll miss out as there's never enough bags to go around.
I made that mistake last year at the GQ Men of the Year awards...had a great night, got wasted, danced too much and forgot to leave before the dreaded GB shortage. Rookie error.
It was my fella's birthday as well that night, it was bad enough I'd sacked him off to go to 'work' (pah, to shmooze with male celebs more like...hello Jason Statham and Guy Ritchie) but then - forgot the goodie bag full of stuff for lads. Wounder.
It didn't go down too well with the boyfriend, proving men love a freebie too.
Even if it had Davidoff Cool Water aftershave in it.
Which reminds me, the Glamour's goodie bag had a bottle of Joop in it. I gave it to my brother, I think he thought I was taking the piss.
I wasn't.
I thought it was kitsch and well, kinda cool.
He said it smelt rank.
He was right.
The bulging bag full of perfume, books, makeup, nail varnish, Godiva chocolates, St Tropez tan etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment