Monday 23 September 2013

Arrival of the goods – Day One: Juice cleanse is on...

Day One

Food for the next three days, eeeek.
My juice kit arrived at 9.30am. The delivery man gave me two bags, one full of juices, the other full of an intriguing selection of instructions, powders, pills and beauty bits.
I laid the first bag out on my kitchen table. 12 bottles of differently blended fruit/ veg juice, 3 bottles of Spicy Lemonade and 2 smaller bottles of Aloe Vera juice and Acai Berry juice.

I then emptied out the contents of the next bag. Five little plastic bags containing Colosan powder (uh oh), green superfood mix, beauty oil capsules, Epson sea bath salts and a purifying clay face mask.

instructions, powders and fun stuff
There was also a detoxing/ exfoliating glove, step-by-step instructions on what to do over the next three days and guideline tips. I was particularly pleased with the bath salts, beauty pills and face mask, as you can imagine. While left feeling a bit apprehensive about the rest.
Colosan powder?!? Hmmm. Interesting. 

The basic plans is really easy to understand and follow. All the juices are already squeezed and prepared so all you have to do it stick them in the fridge, until you are ready to drink them.

Here's the rough outline on the cleanse:


Morning:
Glass of warm warm with lemon
Dry brushing (using the bath glove) circular movement towards your heart
A flat tablespoon of Colosan powder mixed with some juice
2 capsules of Beauty Oil
A flat teaspoon of Green Superfood powered mixed with some juice
The first juice of the day has to contain carrots, apples, beetroot, ginger or red cabbage.


Morning Liver Bliss juice
I decided to start with the Morning Liver Bliss - carrot, apple, beetroot and ginger. I really didn't like the taste of it. I'd never normally order carrot juice in a cafe or any drink with beetroot in. But it filled me up, so all good.


Lunch:
A shot of Aloe Vera juice
A shot of Acai Berry juice
Second juice drink, can pick any flavour
Can also drink herbal tea, coconut water, still water or a broth

I had Sweet Digestion - carrot, pineapple, ginger and cinnamon.


Sweet Digestion juice
Doing the shots

Afternoon:
Third juice - again can pick any flavour
Need to vary what you drink in between juices, can also drink herbal teas

I chose Liver Booster - carrot, apple, blueberry and sweet potato.
This was my favourite juice so far.
I kind of convinced myself the sweet potato was like eating carbs really, it made me feel fuller. Mind
over matter and all that nonsense.
Liver Booster juice
Evening:
Fourth juice - has to be one containing celery
Stop drinking juices 2-3 hours before bed
Have a hot bath using the Epsom Sea Salt
Use the purifying facial clay mask (best to use out of the bath).
Can drink brazil/ almond/ cashew milk before bed

Bright Green juice
I chose Bright Green - apple, celery, spring green, lemon, ginger.
I liked the taste and it filled me up.
I felt a bit weary, so lay on the sofa for half an hour.  (My cat came to give some moral support, they always seem to know when you're in need of attention).


There was no chance I was going to skip the last part of the day, it seems like the best bit.
Half an hour soak in the bath, with the salts, watching Orange Is The New Black on my tablet and then a face pack.
Pretty good day all in all, considering I ate nothing.


Relaxing with the purifying clay mask

FEELING: Surprisingly not hungry. The juices are really filling and I’m not caving treats like chocolate or other sugar. But am craving bread.
MOOD: Really good. Everyone says the first day is the hardest and it’s gone really well, so that's given me a boost. Energised and optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment