Monday 23 September 2013

The final review... juice cleanse, done and dusted.

DAY FOUR

MORNING:
FEELING: I felt the best I have all week this morning. Totally revived. I seem to have loads more energy, actually feel high on life. Not hungry this morning, or craving anything. Feeling bright-eyed and bushy tailed.
MOOD: Euphoric

I'm genuinely disappointed that today's the day I go back to a normal, every day eating routine.
Purifyne sent me an email this morning with a post-cleanse diet and guidelines, including a list of what I can and can't eat over the next four days (in a nutshell, I can't eat processed foods, deep fried food, dairy, foods high in sugar or yeast, eggs, fizzy drinks, coffee, alcohol and red meat/ processed meat for 2 weeks)
After reading it, I've decided to go to Marks & Spencers and get a fridge full of new food (I don't normally shop there, but thought I deserved the treat).
I am now fully stocked up on a week's worth of berries and other organic fruit, quinoa, couscous, water cress/ spinach/ rocket leaves, hummus, feta cheese, beetroot, tender stem broccoli and loads of avocados.

Who am I? What is happening to me?

Here's what I had for breakfast following the plan they gave me:


A juiced apple, nectarine, beetroot and ginger.



For lunch, again following the plan they gave me, I made a Quinoa and Edamame bean salad, with soy and ginger dressing. I also added some chopped up, mashed avocado on top.

And here's what I am currently having for dinner:


Vegetable broth - made with carrots, leeks, parsley, celery, barley, peas, red lentils and vegetable stock.

EVENING:
FEELING: Slightly perplexed about who I've become. Who is this health freak??
MOOD: Content and happy.

FINAL REVIEW: I would definitely do this juice cleanse again and would absolutely recommend to my friends.
Having the juices all ready to drink in the fridge, made it so easy. It didn’t interrupt my day and I still managed to get all work/ meetings done as usual.
The Purifyne team were brilliant throughout, constantly emailing and tweeting me encouragement and health tips of the day. Also ideas to stay healthy after the cleanse.
I enjoyed the taste of most of the juices, even the ones with ingredients I don’t usually like.
The whole programme is really well put together and very easy and enjoyable to follow. Everything has a simple, clear outline and is printed out and laminated for you to follow.
I lost 6 pounds by the end and have definitely adopted a more intelligent attitude towards healthy eating.
The day after I actually craved fruit for breakfast and a salad for lunch. I never expected to say that.
It has definitely kick started my enthusiasm to be more healthy. When you feel so energised, you’d be crazy not to carry on.
I really liked all the little touches that came with the 3 day cleanse - the purifying clay face mask, Epsom bath salts, beauty pills and body brush. They even give you coloured straws to drink though.
All in all a very positive and enjoying experience.
Looking forward to doing it again.

To see all the different cleanse plans Purifyne do check out their website www.purifynecleanse.co.uk
Or to book a cleanse call 0207-720-2131

No comments:

Post a Comment