Monday 23 September 2013

Juice Cleanse. Day Two

DAY TWO

MORNING:
FEELING: Woke up feeling great, really energised, happy and had a good night sleep. I’m full of beans.
MOOD: Happy. Optimistic about the day ahead.
 
 
morning hot water and lemon
I started the day with hot water and lemon as instructed. Surprised I'm not craving my usual morning cup of tea, or caffeine. But I'm not, luckily.
Got a busy day ahead of me today. Need to write a 1000 word travel feature and reply to a load of emails I ignored yesterday. I also have an PR meeting this afternoon at 3.30pm, which I'm driving into the centre of London for. Driving in London is pretty horrendous, on the best of days, so hopefully I'll have the energy.

I had a really good sleep last night, totally zonked out and I woke up feeling really good and positive.


First juice of the day was... Morning Liver Bliss again.
Despite not liking it yesterday, and thinking the combination of carrot, apple, beetroot and ginger wasn't very nice, I liked it this morning.
Strange. But I'm going with it.
Also had all the pills, powders and shots I was suppose to.

I took my laptop outside into the garden to get some fresh air and do some work there. It was quite sunny, despite what the picture (below) shows.
Change of scenery, and all that.



For my second juice I had Very Berry - carrot (again), apple, celery, blueberry, blackberry and mint.
I really liked this one.
So far, I'm finding in the juice cleanse OK. I haven't been craving food and I'm feeling full most of the time. Also finding it pretty easy to concentrate on work and getting everything done I need to.

Cool Mint juice
I decided to take my third juice with me to the business meeting in town. That way I wouldn't be tempted to have coffee, or tea. Or any other snacks they had lying around. Media offices always seem to be full of cakes, sweets, doughnuts. My third juice was Cool Mint - pineapple, cucumber, mint and fennel. I also really enjoyed the taste of this one. (maybe just thankful for no more carrot!)

I did feel a bit daft pulling out a detox juice drink in front of a PR director I'd never met before. It was a good job I took it though, as there were trays of sandwiches and cakes just metres away from where we were sitting. It was a talking point if nothing else.
The meeting went really well, I had no problem concentrating or driving in the rush hour home (bloody insane London traffic).
I still don't feel hungry, so pretty pleased with how it's all going.

Dinner: Sweet Green juice
For my dinner juice I chose Sweet Green - pear, celery, broccoli and ginger. I liked the taste of this one too.

I should point out, I was now going to the toilet a lot more, watch out for that if you're a work! You'll need a toilet near by. I won't go into any more detail, it was fine, just a bit of a surprise at first. Not sure if the Colosan powder causes that or just a juice diet naturally?


I had my first negative experience around 8.30pm. I felt really tired, and a bit daunted that I had another whole day of literally, not eating anything. I was starting to dread the carrot juices!
My enthusiasm for the cleanse dropped. I wasn't hungry, but I was craving cheese on toast. And freshly, baked bread. In fact any bread. Just bread.

Luckily, my husband was working away all week, so I didn't have to cope with him cooking and eating nice looking food. But I was started to feel a bit defeated and lethargic - I needed some inspiration to keep going.
Luckily, a PR friend was doing a juice cleanse too, coincidentally, at the same time, which I found out over Twitter. We sent each other a few Tweets (well loads actually, sorry to anyone who read them and got completely bored with endless detox and juice chit-chat) to encouraged each other to keep going for the final day. It really helped.


A new drink, thank God.
Spicy Lemonade
I think doing a juice cleanse with someone else would really spur you on in those times of doom. Lauren told me she watched a motivation video on the internet, so that could be a good idea if you're flagging?
I decided to read some online posts about juice cleanses, and listened to some Ibiza chill out tunes on Spotify, both cheered me up and gave me some motivation to keep going tomorrow.
Also I had my first Spicy Lemonade (filtered water, lemon, agave, nectar) - which I'd totally forgotten about. It was nice to have something completely different, and it tasted good too.

If none of the above works, there's always the bath and face mask to look forward to before bed. Every cloud.



EVENING:
FEELING:  Today felt like a bit of a struggle incomparison to how easy yesterday was. Feeling slighted daunted that tomorrow will be worse, but trying to stay positive.
MOOD: Good (despite the above), my skin looks better and I feel slimmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment