Monday 23 September 2013

Juice Cleanse. Day Three...the final hurdle

DAY THREE

MORNING:
FEELING:
Woke up feeling better than I have in ages, alert, full of energy. Even looking forward to the day ahead drinking juices.
MOOD: Happy and positive

Getting out of bed this morning was easy, all the doom and gloom from last night had lifted. I genuinely feel great and slept brilliantly. I feel a tiny bit dehydrated, but very alert. My tummy is bubbling slightly and I feel a bit achy, like I've been to the gym.
Starting to believe a detoxing juice diet really does make a big difference. My stomach is getting flatter every day.
Also I got on the scales this morning and I've lost weight. Will do a proper weigh in tomorrow morning at the end. Shouldn't really have weighed myself today, but couldn't resist.

The final Morning Liver Bliss
I actually quite like it now!
So far I've not been feeling very hungry, but looking forward to seeing how today's juices go.
For breakfast today I had Morning Liver Bliss (carrot, apple, beetroot and ginger).
I've noticed already my skin is definitely clearer and my hair seems to be shinier (that could just be wishful thinking). However, my stomach is definitely flatter. No idea if that will last, but it would be perfect if you had a big night planned or needed to tone up for a particular dress or occasion (ie. for a wedding!).
Thrive juice, only two more left!
For lunch I had Thrive juice - carrot, apple and ginger.
Today I haven't got so much too do, I need to write up some ideas for a magazine, send a stack of emails, pop into Muswell Hill (my local village) to get a birthday present and go to an event this evening in Soho around 7pm.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed I won't be worn out and done in like I was last night.

PS. I'm still going to the toilet quite a lot more than usual, just in case you were wondering. Sorry if you're eating while reading this!

Protein Buster, only one more left!
I'm feeling good today, I've had loads of energy all morning and afternoon. I've noticed that my legs feel thinner, especially in between my thighs. I feel like I'm on a bit of a juice high. Alert and very active.
For my third juice I had Protein Buster - carrot, cucumber, spinach, kale, parsley, lemon and spirulina, I still don't feel hungry and I'm not craving anything. I thought I would really want a cup of tea, or a slice of bread. But no cravings today at all. Which is great.

As yesterday, I feel more tired as the day goes on. It's 7pm now and I'm pretty exhausted. I've cancelled my plans to go this evening, which is frustrating as it was the launch party for my friend's new PR company. Hate letting people down. But I literally can't face getting on a tube and going to a party where there'll be champagne and canapes everywhere.
Also tomorrow morning I have an important meeting and at the moment I feel like I want to cancel that too.

Bright Green - my final juice. Whoop!
For my final juice (I can't believe I've made it without cheating, not even a crumb of bread, or a nibble of cheese) I had Bright Green - apple, celery, spring green, spinach, lemon and ginger. I genuinely haven't struggled with any hunger, which was one of my main concerns at the start.
I didn't even finish my final juice as I was full. Or maybe just bored of juices, who knows?

One thing's for sure, I have a new found respect for celebrities who do these hardcore juice cleanses all the time. The cleanse is pretty tough. Mainly just in the evening. I noticed my mood/ tiredness change between 8-10pm the most. After 10pm I then perked up again and start to feel all the benefit all over again.

EVENING:
FEELING:
Feel happy to have completed the detox. Feel slimmer, healthier, and definitely more switched on. Also as it was a challenge feeling a bit proud of myself.
MOOD: Smug.

No comments:

Post a Comment