Tuesday 15 February 2011

BAFTA Film Awards

I arrived at the pre-Baftas champagne reception at 4.30pm - candles, canapes, tuxedos, fur coats and fizz everywhere.
After an hour of hobnobbing I walked down the red carpet (in the rain, with an umbrella) at London's Royal Opera House with the likes of Sir Paul McCartney, Samuel L Jackson, Colin Firth and Helena Bonham Carter.
A great experience.

While fans screamed wildly and limos and paparazzi dashed everywhere the A Lists greats just milled around as if they were browsing in a quaint pottery shop in Devon.


After the ceremony, which spun no surprises - The Kings Speech reigned supreme, I spent the night on Orange's private table at the awards dinner in Grosvenor House. Sweet.
The night was a mix of showbiz perfectness.
I… ate Venison for the first time and quite liked it.
Told Colin his hair looked really soft (he must use serum and/or conditioner). Chatted to a very drunk Sarah Harding. Drank too many glasses of super posh white wine. Resulting in me accidentally, on purpose, stealing four Black Swan designed dinner place mates from various tables.
It would’ve been rude not too, and besides, everyone was doing it. Even the celebs.



My new dinner place mats courtesy of Bafta

The Kings Speech stole the night grasping 7 of the 14 awards it was nominated for including Best Film and Outstanding British Film.  Colin Firth won Best Actor, with Helena scooping Best Supporting Actor.


Mr Firth told me:  “It feels amazing to win awards, but tomorrow I’ll be back down to earth with a bang, on the school run and taking the bins out. I might as well make the most of it tonight.”
And that he did, I kept seeing him clutching his award upside down while staggering around.
He celebrated in style partying until 5am before leaving his award on a bar somewhere (he had to send this flunkies back in to try and reclaim it. 

My favourite win of the night was Noomi Rapace who scooped Best Actress for her kick ass part in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo flicks. 
She brought some drama to the red carpet in a gold metallic Givenchy Couture dress.
She told me: “I love the dress, but I can’t sit down properly as there are spikes on my belt. I’ve been having a few problems walking around as it’s really heavy. I have to walk in small circles



No comments:

Post a Comment