Thursday 17 February 2011

Valentines Day without the boyfriend = Drunken Carnage...


Boy George spinning the Valentines tune....
What does Valentines Day mean to you???


While most couples were exchanging cards, soppy looks, stories of love and endearment over a meal out or bottle of wine in, I was 100 odd miles away from my Valentine this year. Surrounded by boring, sober celebrities.


The Elle Style Awards was on Valentines night, seriously, which marketing muppet thought this was a good idea?



I'm not going to say much about the awards as they were really poorly organised, and not much fun to work.

However, after all the work stuff  - Cheryl Cole winning the Best Music accolade (what the? how the?) and Emma Watson being crowned Style Icon of the year - we got seriously re-hydrated.

Should just quickly point out all the stars left within 10 minutes of the awards ending, except Dermot O'Leary, who stayed out to play.


Me, Dermot and Sonja chewing the fat

Me and my column sidekick Sonja got stuck into the free champagne, like newborn piglets on their mother's teats.

We drank, and danced. And danced and drank.
We left with an amazing goodie bag, a magnum of Moet (each), two bunches of roses, handfuls of Godiva chocolates and a random selection of business cards we'd picked up along the way.

All in all, a good Valentines, I'd say.

Oooh, just incase you care Dermot is still a big romantic despite being in a relationship for over eight years.

He told us: "As I knew I was going to be here on Valentines night I made sure I did my romantic boyfriend bit over the weekend.
“I took my girlfriend Dee away to a spa in the country. I drove her there and made sure she was royally pampered and spoilt.”

Some girls have all the luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment