Saturday 12 February 2011

It's Champagne o' clock

Any restaurant that has a "press for champagne" button on your private table gets a double thumbs up from me.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of these people who only eats in super expensive Michelin star restaurants.
In fact quite the opposite.
I love finding a little tucked away gem, which is small, poky, bursting with atmosphere and as cheap as chips.
But every now and then a girl needs to get glamed up and have some posh food and fizz with her girlie mates.

So I put on some heels and went to London's Bob Bob Ricard restaurant for the first time and was extremely impressed. I went with my old Galaxy radio colleague Alexandra Heybourne, who's now the Communications Manager at the Beeb.

The decor, ambiance, food, staff, cocktail list, everything was spot on. Highly recommend.

And the indulgent champagne button - just the icing on the cake.

The menu was packed with Vodka shots (it's a Russian inspired restaurant), caviar and a wide variety of truffle dishes -much to Alexandra's delight.
I'm not a truffles fan, they stink, the same thick stench of a boy's pair of old, sweaty gym socks.
Alex earnestly reassured me my tastes would changes the older I get. After trying her truffle infused mash potato I'm inclined to disagree. Not nice.

Looking forward to going again, hopefully next time I wont be paying though, as it was a fair whack to the wallet.


We had to press it, come on, it would have been rude not too.

No comments:

Post a Comment