Wednesday 9 February 2011

Showbiz dining with Jamie Oliver

I'm on the count down to LA for the Oscars. Just eight work days left. Sweet.
The showbiz scene in London is quiet at the moment, the calm before the storm.
January and February are notoriously derelict party-wise.
As soon as a sniff of Spring arrives the celeb boozers re-emerge and the whole showbiz scene revives for another year.
I sampled some Jamie Oliver food today for the first time.
My friend and PR Alex Wilkinson took me out for a business lunch at Barbecoa restaurant in St Pauls, owned by my favourite culinary wide boy Jamie Oliver.
Alex works for M&CSaatchi PR and organises events like the BAFTAS and Glastonbury.
He's a bloody good egg and should definitely moonlight for a Arctic Monkeys tribute band. Scruffy hair, stubble, casual-chic. You get the picture.
The food was amazing, I had sea bass, Alex had the house burger, big enough to comatose most lads for a few hours after.
Monsieur Oliver wasn't present, do these celeb owners actually visit their restaurants? I like to think so.

Jamie and American chef Adam Perry Lang doing their thang  in Barbecoa kitchen


One of the favourite's pork belly, Brambley apple and water cress salad
 I've since decided I want to go on a food eating tour and visit all the celebrity chef's gaffs. Next stop Gordon Ramsay.

No comments:

Post a Comment